Nielsen recently released its State of the Media: Mobile Media Report Q3 2011.
Here are some Key Findings:
- The number of smartphone subscribers using the mobile Internet has grown 45 percent since 2010
- This quarter, 26.3 million mobile consumers viewed mobile video
- The majority of smartphone owners (62%) have downloaded apps on their devices and games are the top application category used in the past 30 days
- Currently, 87 percent of app downloaders have used deal-of-the day websites, like Groupon or Living Social, and 54 percent of smartphone owners claim to use their mobile handsets frequently while shopping
- Social networking is increasingly popular on mobile devices: Android smartphones and iPhone users spend more time engaging with the Facebook application on their phones than any other mobile application.
- On average, teens exchange 3,417 messages per month or — as Fortune’s Philip Elmer-Dewitt pointed out — around seven text messages per waking hour.
Does any of the information gathered in this report surprise you? Let’s discuss!
For the full report, please click here.