Everything has a limit. Even on Facebook. For example, a profile restricts one to a maximum of 5,000 friends.
Many public figures and businesses, who choose to maintain a personal profile instead of a Page, are currently affected by this limit. As a result, they continue to post about the inability to add additional friends. Did you know that there is a way to migrate your personal profile to a Page?
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate.
- Click on the appropriate box (i.e. Local business or place, Company, Organization or Institution, Brand or Product, Artist, Band or Public Figure, Entertainment, or Cause or Community).
- Complete the form. (Please note: Your name will be pre-populated. Replace this if you wish to change your new Page’s name.)
Check off “I agree to Facebook Pages Terms”. Click the “Get Started” Button.
- Confirm the migration or Download my profile data on Facebook.
- Now, go grab a coffee. You are done. Give it some time for Facebook to migrate your friends over to your new Page.
And yes – even this migration process has its limits. Only your profile photo and friends will be moved to your new Page. So before you get started with this process, we recommend that you first download a copy of your profile.
What limitations do you wish were eliminated from Facebook?